SRG is an indigenous manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 16 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of block-boards, flush doors and plywood.
SRG is growing in India and abroad, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-calibre opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at SRG!
- Develop and lead continuous improvement activities. Utilize data to lead, support and champion efforts by factory personnel to identify and execute on key process improvement opportunities aimed at improving the business.
- Through the analysis of data, this role will focus on critical improvement areas that include machine reliability, process efficiencies, and variable cost reduction.
- Primarily responsible for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, margin analysis, and the tracing of costs back to underlying activities.
- Construct and monitor the data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving ability as well as excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and be customer service oriented.
- This position reports to the CFO will be involved in the monthly and quarterly closing of the accounting records.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Work with site personnel to identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Promote and Pursue development and implementation of Best Practices, Effective Systems, and Processes
- Lead optimization of identified metrics and processes, improving performance, reducing variation, increasing material processing speed
- Lead / Champion continuous improvement initiatives
- Use analytical troubleshooting, SPC, Six Sigma and LEAN techniques to measure and quantify variation and gains.
- Support Operational Excellence initiatives
- Training, mentoring, and developing personnel as part of the continuous improvement process when working initiatives
- Generate justification for capital projects
- Leverage internal and external resources across our business to accomplish goals and objectives; involving mills nationally and internationally
- Focus on the key metrics that drive business results
- Provide assistance and focused responsibility for cost savings initiatives (partnering with site personnel).
- Key focus areas include:
- Resin & Wood consumptions
- Energy consumption
- Labour efficiencies
- Process variation
- Housekeeping and fugitive fibre
- Process water reclamation
- Equipment reliability
- KEY EXPECTATIONS SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE:
- Effective implementation of systems, measurement, reporting, and metrics
- Support other SRG facilities with technical knowledge (e.g. process issues, optimization, capital and engineering initiatives)
- Manage for performance and accountability
- Provide technical and resource support to maintenance for chronic reliability issues and when heavy burden exists
KEY SAFETY/HOUSEKEEPING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in monthly audits
- Drives housekeeping improvements
- Leads by example by following and coaching on safety policies and practices
- Holds ALL employees equally accountable
ACCOUNTING & BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, Analyse and Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Perform month-end close activities such as: manual journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Work closely with purchasing to update standard costs for bill of materials process.
- Update project costing sheets on periodic basis as well as when required.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Review proposed inventory adjustments for accuracy, make adjustments and process change recommendations.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Calculate and propose profit in inventory adjustments related to month end close.
- Work with operations team to identify slow moving inventory and propose the disposal of obsolete inventory.
- Coordinate from supply-chain department to cost inventory and maintain monthly reconciliations.
- Work with accounting group to document and enhance process controls related to inventory.
- Assist with the development and implementation of accounting policies.
- As assigned and fitting including project justifications
- Timely submission of expense reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and generate results through use of data analysis
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting, and decision-making abilities
- Vision for future state of process and equipment
- High level troubleshooting ability
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership position in managing continuous improvement preferred
- Educated in resin technology and optimization of raw materials preferred
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or re-prioritization of projects
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Familiarity and use of most recent Finance related software
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA – Finance preferred but not mandatory
- 5 to 6 years’ relevant experience in inventory or cost accounting role
- Experience in working with Tally & SAP.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills